- Women's measurements
- Big Mac
- Brain membranes
- The Number Three in American Culture
- Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria
- Three Furies
- Pythagoras - three is the perfect number
- How many triangles?
- Trinity symbol
- Simon Cowell: You Never Want The People That You Work With To Do Well
- Threes.com featured on the BBC2
- id, ego, superego
- Third Eye - Pineal Gland
- Featured Article - Allen H. Merriam
- Empirical rule - The 68-95-99.7 Rule
- Three Foil Cross
- Three Baskets
- Bible threes
|Birkat Hachama (Blessing on the Sun) - Stephen Colbert Frees His Jews|
Why does Birkat Hachama take place only every 28 years?
The starting point is Tuesday at 6:00 pm. Now, since a year lasts 365 1/4 days - or 52 weeks plus a remainder of 1 1/4 days - it follows that after one year, the Sun will return to the spring equinox, but will fall 1 1/4 days later in the week: Wednesday at midnight. After two years, the Sun will return to the spring equinox, but it will now be 2 x 1 1/4 days later in the week: Thursday at 6:00 am. Only after 28 years, will the Sun return to the spring equinox on Tuesday at 6:00 pm.
The fat lady hasn't sung yet. We'll wait until we get a look at what is in the motion passed on third reading.