- Women's measurements
- Big Mac
- Brain membranes
- The Number Three in American Culture
- Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria
- Three Furies
- Pythagoras - three is the perfect number
- Trinity symbol
- How many triangles?
- id, ego, superego
- Threes.com featured on the BBC2
- Simon Cowell: You Never Want The People That You Work With To Do Well
- Third Eye - Pineal Gland
- Three Foil Cross
- Empirical rule - The 68-95-99.7 Rule
- Three Baskets
- Featured Article - Allen H. Merriam
- Three Wise Monkeys
|The Elusive Tripple Crown|
There is no prize for it, but the triple is defined as winning three times in one week. It's a rare event, let's look at the odds:
Assuming 8 tables per session and all players of equal ability, then the odds of someone winning the ‘tripple' are 1/8 to the power of two, or one in 64; so you can expect it about every 6 months or so, depending upon the number of players (obviously it's much easier to win the tripple in the low season when there are only three or four tables).
In prehistoric times, mankind often had only two choices in crisis situations: fight or flee. In modern times, humor offers us a third alternative; fight, flee - or laugh.
The late Dr. Alan Dundes, Professor of Folklore and Anthropology at the University of California Berkeley writes on and on and on about things that come in threes.Read The Number Three In American Culture